August 3, 2016
USAT Florida Region
For Immediate Release by the USAT Florida Region Youth Committee:
What an incredibly amazing inspiring weekend!
Congratulations to all the athletes and teams that participated this past weekend at Voice of America Park in West Chester, Ohio for the Youth & Junior National Championship. Standing at the finish line watching these young triathletes was both amazing and humbling. These kids really gave all out stellar performances!
Representing 38 states, 81 USAT Youth & Elite teams with over 800 athletes arrived for a jam packed weekend of competition.
Four of our Florida Region teams placed in the top 15 of those 81 Teams, with three placing in the top 10!
- Triton Elite Multisport 5th place
- Kennedy Law Racing Landsharks 6th place
- South Florida Lightning 10th place
- Jr Hammerheads 13th place
Congratulations to all these athletes and coaches for their outstanding achievements!
Triathlon is a team sport that recognizes individual performance, and we are proud of the Florida athletes that stood atop the podium for our Region:
- Luke Rosser, Oakland FL – Male age 14 – 1st place
- Nicholas Raffinengo, Boynton Beach FL – Male age 13 – 2nd place
- Hannah Fowler, Boca Raton FL – Female age 13 – 2nd place
- Lawson McLeod, Port St Lucie FL – Male age 12 – 1st place
- Charlotte Joseph, Ponte Vedra FL – Female age 9 – 3rd place
- Brook Glover, Tampa FL – Male age 8 – 3rd place
- Colton Blankenfeld, Archer FL – Male age 7 – 1st place
Congratulations go out the West Chester & USA Triathlon for hosting this event, all the parents, coaches, athletes and volunteers that made the weekend a huge success!
Your annual USAT membership provides programs that support the multisport lifestyle as a lifelong sport in a supportive community environment that encourages participation from a diverse group of individuals at all age levels. Beyond sanctioned races, this modest membership investment also supports USAT programs such as Youth Development, High School Programs, Emerging NCAA Collegiate Triathlon, and Para-triathlon, among others
Please check out the benefits here: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon/membership-services/benefits
For more information about the USAT Florida Youth Programs, feel free to email or call Florida Region Youth Coordinator, Deb Peters at email@example.com or 813-731-8767.